Thursday, January 6, 2011

Top 10 Albums of 2010

This will be a quick read for many of you, partly because I'm too excited to put a lot of thought into a description of each of my ten favorite albums and partly because I've realized that each description would be, at best, an articulation of how each of these albums has made me feel, which really seems pointless to me because I know that our feelings differ. If you value my opinion and have an interest in listening to any of these albums, all you really need are the names of the albums. Telling you how each one made me feel seems like unadulterated manipulation. Here they are.

10. LCD Soundsystem -
This Is Happening



9.
Jónsi - Go


8. Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz


7. MGMT - Congratulations


6. Vampire Weekend - Contra


5. Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest


4. Ratatat - LP4


3. Caribou - Swim


2. Avey Tare - Down There


1. The Books - The Way Out

No comments: