Monday, December 1, 2008

A Scanner Darkly


I have been a Philip K. Dick fan for several years now. I have also been a fan of film for even longer than that. I recently have been going to sleep with one of two Richard Linklater films, Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly. I enjoy each movie very much, but I would definitely not be able to compare the two. Though similar in effect, the plots couldn't be more different. Lately, I've been watching A Scanner Darkly. It's almost been every night for two weeks straight. I don't know too many people who have seen this film, aside from those I've shown the film to. I would definitely recommend A Scanner Darkly to anyone who is a Richard Linklater fan, a Philip K. Dick fan or just a fan of my sophisticated opinions. The film will also appeal to those who are interested in drug culture or government conspiracies. It's also one of those films that has a very unique cast. I never imagined a film with Keanu Reeves, Robert Downey, Jr., Winona Rider, Woody Harrelson and Rory Cochrane together, but it definitely aids in the effectiveness of the adaptation from the novel to the screen.

No comments: